Individuals may complain to the Federal Privacy Commissioner if they believe that their privacy has been infringed because of a breach of:

  • Information Privacy Principles (Cth government);
  • National Privacy Principles (private sector);
  • credit reporting provisions;
  • Tax File Number Guidelines;
  • Commonwealth Spent Convictions Scheme;
  • Pharmaceutical Benefits and Medicare Program Guidelines.

Contact information is available on the website of the Office of the Information Commissioner for privacy complaints. Phone enquiries can be made on 1300 363 992.

© 2013 Hobart Community Legal ServiceFeedbackDisclaimer