Department of Health & Human Services

If initial contact with the public health service has left a consumer with an unresolved complaint, the complaint may be referred to the Department of Health and Human Services for investigation. It should be directed to the attention of the Director General of Health Services. Such a complaint may lead to the involvement of the Medical Council of Tasmania, which governs the conduct of registered medical practitioners within Tasmania.

Alternatively, a complainant can take court action but should seek legal advice and guidance.

Medicare Complaints

Medicare is administered by the Commonwealth government under the Health Insurances Act. Complaints against Medicare and related matters, including medical services refunds, should be directed to Medicare.

© 2013 Hobart Community Legal ServiceFeedbackDisclaimer