Cosmetic procedures, such as laser surgery and beautician work can be referred to the Office of the Health Complaints Commissioner (OHCC) or to the Department of Health (DHHS). Laser surgery falls under the authority of the Board of Medical Radiation Practitioners, and can be referred to both the OHCC and AHPRA, depending on the nature of the complaint (see below). Issues with the provision of waxing treatment or similar treatments can be referred to your local Council. Waxing and similar treatments are licensed with the local Council. 

© 2013 Hobart Community Legal ServiceFeedbackDisclaimer